2022 Murnang di Renzo

$35.00 inc. GST
Aromatic, textural and unctuous. The Murnang White di Renzo is an incredibly versatile food wine. Especially alongside Asian food.

The 22 Murnang di Renzo is a very unique and interesting wine. It smells of ripe stone fruit, grapefruit and portugese tarts- a rich, buttery delicious impression. There’s an earthiness to it, almost like clay alongside white pepper, ripe pear and a salinity too. The acid is soft, but persistent and carries the richness right through.


A predominantly of Vermentino (88%) and the remainder is Sauvignon Blanc (12%). The Vermentino came from First Ridge Wines in Mudgee and was the first fruit we got in for the 2022 vintage. We picked the Vermentino in 2 parts, the first pick was hand picked and pressed to concrete before commencing fermentation on full with full solids. The second pick came in just over a week later. For it, we destemmed the fruit and combined it with the previous week’s pick in the concrete tank- resulting in a 50/50 fermentation of skins and juice. Some of the juice was removed from the tank after 3 days, some after 10 days and the last component stayed on skins for 5 months before pressing a month before bottling. The 12% of Sauvignon Blanc came from Riverlee, just up the road in Gemella. It was blended in just before bottling at which time we added a small amount of sulphur. The wine is unfined and unfiltered.


Alcohol:            12.2 %

PH:                   3.65

Total made:      2400 bottles

Intriguing wine. White nectarines, green melon, radish crunch and spice. Elements of waxy perfume. Texture makes a statement. Flavours are mostly packed upfront but honeydew melon note lingers in the back for a while. It’s a very tasty combination of green fruit and tropical elements with white pepper spice and a light phenolic grip. Lovely.

92 Points- Kasia Sobiesiak, The Wine Front