We are thrilled to have received our highest Halliday ratings ever for a number of the wines we have made in recent years. So, we have decided to share them with you including the released 2018 Mt Panorama Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
So, some further information about the wines and the what Halliday had so say about them:
- 2018 Mt. Panorama Estate Cabernet Sauvignon (96 points)- This is exceptional cool-climate cabernet, somehow transcending the green edges of its blended sibling to showcase a sheath of impeccably tuned tannins, ripe and juicy. This makes all the difference! Spearmint, blackcurrant, olive, chilli, bay leaf and a swathe of firm, saliva-sapping tannins driving a long finish. Already delicious, its precocity belies the depth and longevity herein.
- 2019 Mt. Panorama Estate Chardonnay (96 points)- These Renzaglia wines are proving a revelation, with the engineering of flavour and structural architecture as finessed as the packaging. No shortage of ripe fruit flavours, with dried mango, white peach and nectarine strung across a chassis of salubrious oak, impeccably integrated, imparting riffs on hazelnut, truffle, nougat and chestnut. A masterstroke of ripe fruit, sexy oak, pungent mineral and mouthwatering freshness. Generosity far from the Madding Crowd. A very fine wine.
- 2018 Mt. Panorama Estate Shiraz (94 points)- A cool-climate display of Australia giving a nod to the luncheon wines of the northern Rhône. Crozes, perhaps. Blueberry, kelp, charcuterie, violet and an anchovy/tapenade salinity splayed across a long finish, driven by gentle but palpable tannins and a stream of juicy acidity. The tannins, to be churlish, could be firmer. Nevertheless, a delicious wine best in the earlier to mid term.
- 2018 Mt. Panorama Estate Cabernet Merlot (94 points)- From the home vineyard at O’Connell between Bathurst and Oberon. An after-dinner biscuit meld of chocolate and mint. Yet, as is the wont at this address, the structural latticework is impeccably engineered; the tannins, detailed and ripe. The oak, smart. Verdant herb, bell pepper, a smear of black olive, cassis and bouquet garni. This will age very well, eventually sublimating the minty sweetness into something more nourishing and savoury.
- 2018 Bella Luna Chardonnay (94 points)- From the home vineyard, hand-picked by a team of volunteers on 4 Mar, crushed and pressed the same day, fermented in one new and two used French barriques. Well made, no oxidation, good stone fruit and melon flavours.
- 2017 Wahluu Blanc de Blancs (91 points)- Cool fermented in tank and stirred regularly before the 2nd fermentation and 30 months on lees. Granny Smith apple and nashi pear gelato scents. Flinty and saline notes of oyster shell, too, before a malty leesiness leads to a creamy mid palate and a tail of biscuit and brioche notes, lingering long. An aperitif style. Moderately complex, brisk and perceivably dry.